Anybody with a '95 YJ Wrangler Rio Grande? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Anybody with a '95 YJ Wrangler Rio Grande?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 08-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
Vaquera
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Anybody with a '95 YJ Wrangler Rio Grande?

I'm desperately looking for the paint code for my '95 Rio Grande and it is proving very frustrating! It is the champagne colour model and the paint code given by the dealer and by the tag under the hood of it is PV1... and that is NOT the right colour. Then another dealer gave me the code HV1 and, when mixed, is the same colour as PV1... NOT the right one. PV1/HV1 is the code for the gold coloured Saharas... not the Rio Grande champagne.

This is not a picture of my jeep, but this is the colour I'm looking for:

And, no.... it has not faded and that is why I'm not recognizing it. I've had a bra on the front of my Jeep since the day I bought it brand new and there is barely any difference in colour between what is under the bra and the rest of the body that is exposed to the sun.

Obviously, I am in Canada (I spelled colour with a 'u' ) and I am wondering if therein lies the problem... that there is a difference between the paint code numbers in the US/Canada?

ANY help would be very appreciated!! THANKS SO MUCH!

Vaquera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
19OlllllllO41
Jeep Addict

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Go here http://www.paintscratch.com/paint/home-page/ and put 1995 Jeep into the search, and it will come up with all of the colors and codes offered that year. I tried to link it directly, but it wont work.... According to this site, HV1 is Light Mynx Pearl Metallic Clearcoat....
'83 CJ7
'92 YJ
'00 XJ
'99 TJ
'05 TJ Rubicon (Impact Orange)
19OlllllllO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
Vaquera
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19OlllllllO41 View Post
Go here http://www.paintscratch.com/paint/home-page/ and put 1995 Jeep into the search, and it will come up with all of the colors and codes offered that year. I tried to link it directly, but it wont work.... According to this site, HV1 is Light Mynx Pearl Metallic Clearcoat....
Thanks for replying. I tried the site and the colour just isn't there.... I checked for 1994 and 1996 as well (just to see if it came up in those years instead)... nope. It's a really light champagne colour I'm looking for. Any other ideas of where to look? THANKS!
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

my wife's 93 sahara was a canadian build jeep and it was champagne, not gold or tan. i don;t know the paint code though but maybe the color will show up for that year?
Unread 08-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
tdewit
1991 YJ Wrangler 

According http://www.brandsport.com/plik-9105-pte.html Chrysler Touch-Up Paint Champagne Pearl Metallic Color Code is PTE
tdewit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

Contact Chrysler and get a copy of the build sheet. It will have the original paint code and paint name on it.
Unread 08-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
Vaquera
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll let you know what I find out...
Unread 08-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I believe it is the Champagne Pearl Metallic, not the Chargold which is more of a deep gold color. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I wish it was a simpler color... But mine seems to be keeping its shine well.

Actually, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."
ldso is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #9
Vaquera
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Update:

PV1 IS the right paint code although there is a problem with some of the parts stores' database codes to mix that colour. The first place I tried (auto parts store) was definitely NOT the right one. Plus, it seems, the name of the paint varies from Light Pearlstone Metallic to Light Mynx Metallic to Champagne Gold Metallic.... yikes. So don't go by the name when asking for it. Anyway, I got one of the local body shops to mix a water-based ready-to-spray using PV1 and it is a decent match.

I loved this colour when I bought my Rio Grande and I still love it. But what a pain in the a$$ to match it!!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, y'all.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.