Any reports/reviews on Rough Country N2.0 lift for YJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Any reports/reviews on Rough Country N2.0 lift for YJ

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #16
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Spend the extra money on a quality lift. I am happy with my 4" lift and had to go after the warranty on a rear spring sagging 2" but that is all good. Pics to the folks at Morris passed on to RC shipped the next day no more questions asked. I added 1" booms and the ride quality went way up. So its you dime and youer Jeep. I wished I had researched more.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
JTGriesman

What about the break lines. Do you been to order the stainless or can you just use you old lines. That's $85
JTGriesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #18
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I did get new brake lines as well. My biggest fear on the trail first time was breaking one but the one I bought at full flex look good. I carry the old stock lines as trail spares along with a bottle of brake fluid.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #19
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerchief462 View Post
Spend the extra money on a quality lift. I am happy with my 4" lift and had to go after the warranty on a rear spring sagging 2" but that is all good. Pics to the folks at Morris passed on to RC shipped the next day no more questions asked. I added 1" booms and the ride quality went way up. So its you dime and youer Jeep. I wished I had researched more.
You and I both. I jumped the curb for the rc lift without doing research. Within 6 months my pass. side sagged 1-1.5". RC replace that side no problem. I had this lift on my jeep almost 2 yrs now. I added 1" boomerang shackles last spring also. All is well now except my driver side is .5-1" lower now, but thats understandable cause I'm the only one thats in it I guess. I will however replace these springs with something better when taxes return since I now knw whats out there.
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #20
Schaef81
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
Spend an extra $200 and get BDS or OME or RE. You get what you pay for. If you dont mind swapping springs yearly RC might not be to bad but me I personally dont like doing that. BDS has a lifetime no questions asked warranty. You will never need it though. I love my BDS springs the ride great and flex great. You can also get fox 2.0 Jeep valved shocks from them that I hear are awesome. I plan to get a set soon as they didnt have them when I got my springs from them. You get what you pay for when it comes to suspension components. Do it right or repeatedly do it over. You cant compare YJ leafs to TJ coils. Its apples to oranges.
^^ This
Unread 03-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
JTGriesman

are the n2.0s still working well? looking at picking up a 2.5 kit in april with the extra tax money comming back
JTGriesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #22
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGriesman View Post
are the n2.0s still working well? looking at picking up a 2.5 kit in april with the extra tax money comming back
everything about RC springs I have read on many forums has been negative... personally I will never buy anything from Rough Country. My suggestion is purchase some OME or BDS springs and leave the sagging Rough Country springs alone. Even the posts in this threads are saying stay away... Not sure how much clearer a picture you need...

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #23
GuitarDude6567
1998 ZJ 

So far I love my 4" N2.0 kit. I used M.O.R.E. HD 5/8" lift boomerang shackles. It rides and flexes great! I haven't even installed the TC drop yet as I have a 1" motor mount lift to help with driveline angles. No nasty vibes so far but I've only got about 75 miles on it. The front has settled down to where my boomerang shackle's bolts line up from top to bottom but the rear is still riding about .5in higher. That could just be because I haven't installed the hardtop or spare tire yet so there is no weight back there. That should even things out. The kit went together quite well. I didn't like the bump stock extension brackets....I would love to get rid of those and install longer bump stops. I just hate the look of it. The shocks, brake lines, and hardware all seem to be great quality. Time will tell on the springs. It's going to be wheeled hard. I bought from eBay so I hope they honor my warranty. This has got me thinking that I need to call RC now and confirm my warranty registration.

'94 YJ Sahara - 4" Rough Country N2.0, M.O.R.E. 5/8" Boomerangs, RR Header, Brown Dog Offroad 1" MML, Aussie D30, Posi-Lok Conversion, 33x12.50x15 ProComp Mud Terrains
GuitarDude6567 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.