Any reports/reviews on Rough Country N2.0 lift for YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Any reports/reviews on Rough Country N2.0 lift for YJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
bikepharmer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Any reports/reviews on Rough Country N2.0 lift for YJ

I am beginning Phase 2 of my YJ project and am seriously considering the RC N2.0 lift kit. I searched around and found some reviews for the TJ version, but I'm coming up blank on the YJ version.

Any reviews on this kit? Also, what shackles would be appropriate for to complement this kit? I am not looking to go too high (probably only running 31's or 32's.

Thanks for any responses. If I do end up going that route I will do a little write up.

bikepharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #2
ruthole
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have the 4" version with 2" lift shackles and it rides great (on 33s). Rides way better than the old rancho lift the PO had on it

Lone jeep club member #1

[QUOTE=TMSquy;13470729]If parts aint flyin you aint tryin![/QUOTE]
ruthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
Virjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I also have the 4" version, about 6 or 8 months old. The new shocks seem to work pretty well, but I'm already seeing some sag in the springs. Mine rides pretty rough, although I really don't have anything to compare it to.
Virjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 06:29 AM   #4
jplks2play
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ive had mine a month.So far so good.I have the 4" lift wth 31s. I kept my 31s because they only had 5000 miles on them. it was rough but is now settling in good. smoothed out a lot when i took the track bars off. cant tell a difference when driving except a smoother ride. Havent been able to really test it out yet. Waiting to put my posi-lock in which will be this week.
jplks2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #5
95jeelyj

Great thread idea I just bought my about to put it on would be nice to know what I'm getting into
95jeelyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
rpenczek
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have had the new(er) RC 2" lift kit on for about 18 months. I have not noticed any sag. Shocks seem fine. I run 31" tires and stock front shackles and Warrior (no lift) rear. The Warrior front shackles didn't work well (could not get the spring eye into them. I plan to go with Boom (as little lift as possible) in the spring. I am very happy with the RC 2" kit

Here is a photo just after paint.
img_0383_1.jpg  
rpenczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
Coach

If you look at the pics of the Jeep on the RC N2.0 lift page, that's mine. It flexes out very nicely in my SUA setup with boom shackles... and I use and abuse mine.

dscn0974.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  
Unread 01-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
If you look at the pics of the Jeep on the RC N2.0 lift page, that's mine. It flexes out very nicely in my SUA setup with boom shackles... and I use and abuse mine.

who said those cheap RC springs cant flex. On the last pic thats some great flex
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
Jsederlin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The kit is amazing!!! i got mine on yesterday!!! didnt have any problems, easy install too.... i have .5in greasable shackles in the front.... rides the same if not better than stock!!! all in all right now i love the lift!
Jsederlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #10
UboatCmdr
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Coach is that 33's?

Any input on 35's on the 4 inch kit?
Have 1 inch booms already and picked up regeared axles so debating 33 vs 35's
Also looking at TJ Flares to make some room
UboatCmdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #11
JTGriesman

Should be ordering this in january and every time I check a review its from 2010 or older. Nice that someone started up a thread with the N2.0.

Anyone have this lift with out the SYE? hows the highway ride at 50+ any vibs? My baby is my DD so as well as ripping up the trails on the family farm i need it to be able to get me to work and back everyday cruisin at around 75. Probably not gonna go any bigger than 33's till i get a new DD, but im married so thats never gonna happen haha
JTGriesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

had mine 2 yrs now and it serves it purpose. ( to fit 33's) I wish it flexed like the one in those pictures tho.

I have torqued and greased my shackles but not happy with it yet.

All in all great product for the price ! rides like a leaf sprung jeep
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #13
c_coops
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I had a horrible experience with Rough Country. I bought their 4" kit around 5 years ago and within a year the springs had sagged so much that the rear shocks bottomed out over a dip on the highway, one shock came off and fell forward, dragging on the pavement until I stopped and realized what had happened. It had ripped the upper mount clean off. I measured the distance from the bump stops to the "extenders" they give you to bolt onto the axle and it was at most 2". That being said, the springs were so stiff that I only bottomed out a few times that I can recall. I called them and got 4 new springs as warranty replacements and when they got here I was charged $150 cash on delivery for shipping fees, after being told that they would take care of it. I sold the springs and never looked back. Overall, a horrible experience. In the Jeep aftermarket industry, you almost always get what you pay for.
c_coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Spend an extra $200 and get BDS or OME or RE. You get what you pay for. If you dont mind swapping springs yearly RC might not be to bad but me I personally dont like doing that. BDS has a lifetime no questions asked warranty. You will never need it though. I love my BDS springs the ride great and flex great. You can also get fox 2.0 Jeep valved shocks from them that I hear are awesome. I plan to get a set soon as they didnt have them when I got my springs from them. You get what you pay for when it comes to suspension components. Do it right or repeatedly do it over. You cant compare YJ leafs to TJ coils. Its apples to oranges.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGriesman View Post
Anyone have this lift with out the SYE? hows the highway ride at 50+ any vibs?
Whether or not you get vibes is going to depend on the individual install, not necessarily the lift spring manufacturer. You need: good transmission mounts, good yokes, a balanced driveshaft, good u-joints, and the correct pinion angle. All of those things can be adjusted/fixed to eliminate vibes, in most cases. Install the lift, drive the Jeep and see if you get any vibes.

Some Jeeps can be lifted 2-3" without needed any further mods, others may need different shims, a t-case drop, motor mount + body lift, or even a SYE/CV driveshaft combo. Just be prepared to do further mods to eliminate any vibes.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.