Any body install a CD player in the stack radios place - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Any body install a CD player in the stack radios place

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-17-2001, 11:02 PM   #1
Dave Weisser

Any body install a CD player in the stack radios place

What special brands of CD players will work in the stock radio positions.

Dave Weisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2001, 12:56 AM   #2
AJ

Every cd head unit on the market will work.
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2001, 07:06 AM   #3
dartboy

Stick to Kenwood they rule

but seriously like AJ said they pretty much all will fit. Although mine is held in place with a lot of duct tape
dartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2001, 01:27 PM   #4
Dan94YJ

I'm partial to the Pioneer 4100 series I have in my Jeep. Piece of cake install, and never skips.
Unread 11-18-2001, 06:37 PM   #5
jeep thing

i like the jensen mp3 player it slides right in and it is impossible to skip. it will only set you back $350.
jeep thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2001, 06:43 AM   #6
JACKED

Anything that has the size posted as DIN. If ti says DIN it will fit. I just finished my Stereo and i put about 3500-4000.00 $'s in it and i chose the Panasonic CQ-DF801, Amazing head unit. Dropped 350.00 for it and it was well worth it I also have a Clarion PRO series, that I paid 700.00 for and the Panasonic is WAY better. SoundDomain.com is a great site to buy online.
Unread 11-19-2001, 08:53 AM   #7
Kev
Master of the Obvious

I installed a new tape unit this summer (wanted cd, but didn't think all the dusty roads with the top off would be very good on it ) and it fit okay, but I did have to do some minor trimming on the plastic around the edges. I'd at least do some shopping at Crutchfield to find what fits with and without modification. Besides, if you order from them they throw in the wiring harness and some okay instructions not to mention their tech help. Good luck

"We, too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." FDR

Blue Jeep Club Member #4
92 Canyon Blue Wrangler YJ 4.0L - with some fun goodies
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.