Any alternative to M.O.R.E.'s Ford 8.8 Conversion kit? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Any alternative to M.O.R.E.'s Ford 8.8 Conversion kit?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Tweaks at JeepHutJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 12-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #16
yellow2kgt
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I used the Moroso ones that are in the Summit link above(local speed/machine shop carries them) and they worked just fine. I know they say for a 3" tube but they fit my 8.8 perfectly. If not a little grinding should open the radius up just fine. I like the fact they are very low profile. Which is nice if you are staying SUA.

Howell EFI, BDS 3.5" lift, M.O.R.E 5/8" Boomerang shackles, 1" Daystar BL, 1" JKS MML, TFI, Crager soft 8s w 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, Dana 30 E-Locker, Terra Flex SYE, Tom Woods CV shaft, Warn M8000.
yellow2kgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #17
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Not to high jack, but M.O.R.E. said that 90% of the explorers came with 3:73 gears. When we bought our 98 explorer. I walked around the lot and every explorer with the 4.0 had 4:10 gears. This was a big dealer and I bet they had at least 40 new explorers with the 4.0, 4:10 combo. From that experience it's hard for me to believe that 90% of explorers had 3:73' gears.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #18
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I feel like I did the least costly option to install mine. Details are in my build thread in my signature, but I reused the factory ford perches and u-bolts and spring plates (they were included from the salvage yard where I got the axle at no additional cost). And I'd put the finished job up against any aftermarket parts. So if you can get the parts from the explorer and do some minor welding, your set! Good luck.
Unread 08-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #19
hamptonYJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Dumb question

This is dumb but what is SUA and SOA.
Unread 08-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #20
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamptonYJ
This is dumb but what is SUA and SOA.
Spring UNDER axle and spring OVER axle

Nuff said...[/CENTER]
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #21
hamptonYJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wow I'm dumb

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.