Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

This is for anticanman ........

943 views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  rambo3489 
#1 ·
IM SORRY IM SORRY IM SORRY

this is not to ask forgiveness ...... more to say " I WAS WRONG!!!"

I was brought up to admit when i was wrong..... and boy was i wrong .......

so here it goes ....

i was looking for some "fun" mods to do and anticanman recommended i worry about the more important stuff before i worry about the cool stuff ...and that wasnt the answer i wanted to hear. So like alot of younger people on here i got defensive.... and boy was i wrong to doubt someone elses input. Well long story short ....................................................

here it goes ...........

i "THOUGHT" my jeep has been running good enough, little sluggish but just thought that was due to needing tune up and some tlc. But since it was a every now and again joy ride, i was fine with it. Then i got the "extra" cash flow to give it the TLC it needed. Full tune up, wires, plugs, cap, rotor, oil change, etc..... MAN IT RAN SO MUCH BETTER !!!!!!!!!!

Then time to dig into oil leak issue..... so new valve cover gasket, rear main seal, and oil pan gasket. Thats where i had the " OH $h*!" moment and anticanman's name popped in my head in seconds .......

WHY???? You ask ..... well when i dropped the oil pan i found a push rod......... YEA!!! just chillin layin between the block and the cam shaft. And based on the wear between the pushrod itself and the cam itself... it been there awhile. So that trip to the beach (4 hr round trip ) that weekend and the many, many trips to town that past week due to nice weather .....was only on 5 cylinders.... the reason i didnt notice it(the only reason i can come up wit) was because prior to me doing tune (maybe month or so before) i readjusted timing cuz i noticed it getting hard to start and running ruff after i had my uncle put new distibuter in ...

LONG STORY SHORT ....................... SINCE I WAS THAT FAR INTO IT AND INSTEAD OF JUST DOIN LIFTERS AND PUSH RODS....... i had the jeep mind set .... if u gonna replace... UPGRADE!!! and DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So heres where i am as of tonight ................get ready for the pics

Bare block bored .30 over and all new internals (with exception of rods)

And yes stroker crossed my mind alot(esspecially when machine shop lost my rods and pistons and was willing to buy me new ones)...but he found them after 1 hour of searching lol ..... but i didnt want that gas mileage, since this (and not gonna hide it, till i move closer to fun off-road places, which probly wont happen), LOL) this is mainly a jeep goin to see pavement and beaches with maybe (HOPEFULLY!!) two or three off road park visits a year ( just trying to be honest and not lieing to anyone or myself) And while waiting on machine shop i got rattle can happy, since i wanted to work on jeep but only do one project at a time (knowing myself, and how i am when i start more then one thing at a time LOL)

READY FOR PICS, TIRED OF READING ................pic heavy thread on way ...

See less See more
#10 ·
and thats where i am as of right now..... block ready to go back to machine shop tomorrow,........ to get decked .20, and have cam bearing put in, and rods disconnected from old pistons and attached to new,
then the head will be dropped off to get shaved, ported, polished, new valves, seats ....etc......... full work over .............. then the rebuild begins

cant wait ....and i thought it ran "ok" before ... cant imagine when i get it done, running on all 6 cyl's LOL ( have to pick fun at myself or else it wont be as fun or as much as a lesson )

#12 ·
Step 1) complete disassemble
Step 2) wire brush everything to be painted
Step 3) high heat primer paint everything
Step 4) high heat paint selected colors
Step 5) high heat clear 2 or 3x till "shineyness" achieved

LOL

And thank you and yes would love to do others swing it by my house and give me a week with it... Lol. That is after I finish my next motor in line to be done .... ( 350 out of a stingray )

#14 ·
Listen to what the canman says. You don't have to take it all word for word. But at least listen to the man. He knows his ****. Its a no BS straight to the point realistic approach to things. You may not like it. But someday you might have an Anticanman moment. Like you just had. I know I have. Hell I had 2 last week.

Sent from my phone because I'm doing something "more important"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.