anti wrap idea - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > anti wrap idea

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 07-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Jacola11
1999 TJ Wrangler 

anti wrap idea

i was just wondering if anyone has ever tried making two upper links, like triangulated upper control arms to help with axle wrap. i only plan on trying this because i want to eventually do coils in the rear and i dont want to spend more money on something i will eventually be removing. some background about my jeep is its a tj with 2wd f150 leafs in the rear to stretch the wheelbase 9 inches back (yes leafs in a tj i know its not normal and i dont want to hear about it i just want to know if this might help). will this help a little? its not that bad unless i go really hard on the skinny petal.

Jacola11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
flashy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

With leaf springs the axle either moves forward or backwards, depending on which end the shackles are on. That is why an antiwrap bar will have a shackle at the frame end. If you do just two UCAs you will end up with the axle rotating as it moves up and down. Almost the complete opposite of what you want to happen.

Disclaimer::I am not a suspension guru, nor do I have any educational classes.....but I did stay at a Holiday in Express last night!

94 YJ slightly modified

00 WJ stock
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
jagular7
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The anti-wrap bar is to counteract the rotation of the axle. Putting triangulate arms both above the axle centerline really won't perform at all. The leafs will still be able to deform into a 'S' configuration.
The proper design of the anti-wrap bar is to minimize the pinion rotation on the ring gear and to keep the leafs from reconfiguring themselves.

Jagular
Lnxa, KS
97 TJ SE lifted, locked and rubbered for fun
94 YJ SE stock, 225s, Trail Tested
jagular7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.