Another Weber 32/36 Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Another Weber 32/36 Question

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
rksnow1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Another Weber 32/36 Question

Hey Jeep pro's I know there is thread after thread out here about the weber 32/36 install and troubleshooting but Im not finding the answers I need.

So I am replacing the carter carb on my 89 YJ 4.2 with a used weber 32/36 I had on the shelf. I have had a few of these carbs on past jeeps but its been a while. Ive rebuilt this one and all looks well there.

Problem is I cant keep the jeep running off of the fast idle circuit to tune. As soon as I tap the gas to cycle down it stalls right out. I know the base line settings are 2 turns out on the mix screw and max 1 1/2 on the idle. What is the proceedure to set the fast idle screw at for the inital tune if there is one? I havent found anything about setting it. Does this have to be set before the the mix or idle screws? Looks like the fast idle cam adjustment affects the regular idle if Im looking at this right.

I am running manifold vacuum and have also replaced all the vacuum lines, so there shouldnt be any vacuum leaks and assuming I ran the lines right. Any other things I should check?

Thanks

rksnow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 04:49 AM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

oh man, i cannot remember. hit redline weber and check the tech area
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:49 AM   #3
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

check this out

http://www.carburetion.com/Weber/adjust.htm

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
rksnow1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, for the tuning document. I had I had pretty good notes written down but didnt have the actual directions. Pretty sure I follwed that to a T. I just couldnt remember if the fast idle circuit was supposed to be backed off completely or if made a difference even with the butterflies open for the tuning, They dont mention it so I guess it doesnt. Do you know if there is another instruction sheet for the fast idle circuit /electric choke. Might be my computer but I was only able to pull up the first page of the tech document on Redlines site. I called tech but im out of warranty.

Ill have to look at the carb and engine further to see if I have a linkage bind or vacuum leak somewhere that I may have missed and is preventing it from staying running.

thanks again!
rksnow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 09:15 AM   #5
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

heres a thread from the cj forum I used to set mine.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/we...ssion-1051137/
I got tired of messing with it and switched to a holley 4 bbl.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #6
Beachcruiser
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Are you getting the proper fuel level/pressure?

From my experience they are more sensitive to fuel pressure than some other carbs.
Unread 01-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #7
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

yes, they are, horribly. 3-4 psi was the max i could run on mine back in the day

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.