Another Shake at Idle Problem
Ok I'm going to outline the problem, and everything I've done to date to try and fix it so that you guys don't have to waist time guessing what I should do next.
It's a 95 YJ 2.5l
- I start it up and it idles nicely at 1000rpm.
- A half mile from my house at a stop sign it's still idling at 1000rpm.
- After 5 minutes of driving, any stop that I come to it idles at 500rpm and just does an annoying shake. It's not loud or anything, just more like a rumble.
- When I give it gas, it sounds and runs great. Idling is the only issue. It drops immediately to 500rpm everytime I stop.
Things I have done to try and fix it thus far:
- Checked for vacuum leaks and found a leaking intake manifold. Fixed that, idle problem remained.
- Cleaned out the entire throttle body, including the IAC value.
- Replaced the Timing Chain, Gears, and Tensioner.
- Replaced the Map Sensor.
- Replaced the O2 Sensor.
- Other items that are fairly new on the Jeep are the PCV Valve, Water Pump, fan belt.
Only remaining things that I can see being the issue:
- Instead of cleaning the IAC valve, just replacing it. I don't know how to tell if it's bad.
- Replacing the Throttle Position Sensor
- Replacing the Motor Mounts. I don't believe they've been replaced, and I can't really tell if they've gone bad. The driver side one seems to have some of the rubber padding missing.
Your opinions would be greatly appreciated, and thank you ahead of time.