Another New Dash - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Another New Dash

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Another New Dash

Ordered my new dash from Dan at Jeep CJ Dashs (Double D Fab)

I decided I wanted to keep the YJ dash pad so I got with Dan after seeing the design of Jerry's, aka JeepsOLot, dash that Dan was doing. This seemed like it would be the easiest swap. Just remove the center section, wire in the new gauges and your done.

Well that was until I found this....

So hit the local u pull it and found this victim of the cash for clunkers. 95 rust free YJ. I think just about every YJ in the club has some parts off this thing now.

Took out the old....

Painted and installed the new....

I went with the Autometer Traditional Chrome Series gauges. I just like the old school look of them. Replaced the dash speakers and the cowl seal while I was at it.

scubamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
PrinothPro
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Me likey! and I want that '95 tub... galvanized
PrinothPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
arm_puller

Very nice! Exactly how I want to do my dash. Thanks for the vision.
arm_puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

That looks sweet!! I like how you color matched the Tuffy box to the dash, looks great!!!

Jerry
Unread 03-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepsOLot View Post
That looks sweet!! I like how you color matched the Tuffy box to the dash, looks great!!!

Jerry
Thanks Jerry. It was your design that helped me make up my mind. I am thinking about wrapping the grab handle on the Tuffy glove box with some black para cord. That should keep some of the hand prints off of it.
scubamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamc View Post
I am thinking about wrapping the grab handle on the Tuffy glove box with some black para cord. That should keep some of the hand prints off of it.
Nahh, wrap it with winch cable, THAT would keep hand prints off of it, LOL!

Jerry
Unread 04-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #7
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Scubamc, I might have to give Daniel a call and tell him I want to steal your dash design! With just a few mods to make it work with the CJ, but I love the gauge placement!
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.