Another lift and tire question....... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Another lift and tire question.......

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
sosyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Another lift and tire question.......

I am looking for lift ideas to run 33's and keep my OME springs (36R on all corners). Currently I have 1 inch shackles and TJ flares and I rub under full flex. Any ideas, I have welders, plasma cutters, grinders, sanders, and........
I also have a 8.8 ready to go in so the larger axle tube will lower the rear if i install it now... more rubbing.

sosyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Been there.

1" body lift would help some but your only real options are flex limiting bump stops, more lift or metal trimming.

I went thru all this and finally put on tube fenders and in the process of that for the bright idea to high line the hood. After that I had plenty of room for 35s. It never ends.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

you could send those old ones to me and get some new ones that give you more room

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.