Another headache! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Another headache!

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 08-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
Ronnie-Evans
1989 YJ Wrangler 

So I have ran into yet another problem. I am hearing a clunk type noise from the front of my transmission it sounds like yet another torque converter but am not 100 percent sure. I have broken one before and it was a disaster for the pocket book to say the least. I have a worn crankshaft but replaced the main bearings with oversized last time this happened due to the slack it forced the tc to bust etc. So two questions. Anyway I can figure out what is going on without dropping the tranny again and I need to start searching for a new engine so I can start fresh with this issue. Help with advice!

Edit: I have a 4.2 with stock auto tranny.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.