Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Another guage light question !

583 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Birdawg 
#1 ·
Ok, so when I bought my YJ a year ago, the two guages on the right hand side (oil press & battery) were burnt out. Just about 3 weeks ago the gas and the temp guage went out too. The spedo and tach are ok. Any suggestions as to what it might be? I'm thinking either bulbs or fuses, since the went out at different times.

Thanks,
Jeff

#2 ·
Sounds to me like you have a short somewhere that might be causing bulbs to blow. The only way to find it is to take the dash apart and trace all the wires. It couldn't be a blown fuse because all your dash lights would go out at once.

#3 ·
I would tend to think bulbs being bad also,since they went out at different times. Where they all come on at the same time, same fuse and switch, a short would effect them all I think...?

I have a question of my own on dash lights, if you don't mind. The light on the dash to let you know you are in 4x4 high is good, is there a light for 4x4 low under the 4x4 high???? I never saw one while in low, an it does go in low. Sorry for hi jacking your thread. Thanks
Peter

#4 ·
No. I just recently took apart my gauges to find out that same question. There is no bulb or outline of an image for the bottom half of that guage.

#5 ·
Thanks Toolman, I was going to take mine apart to fix it, weird they never put a 4x4 low light in.. The way the the 4x4 indication hole gauge thingy is layed out you'd think there was supposed to be a 4x4 low under the 4x4 high. Thanks again.
Take Care
Peter

#7 ·
That's funny. Whenever I'm in 4 wheel drive the light is always on; whether I'm in high or low.

#8 ·
My light stays on too, but, on other 4x4's I've owned there was a seperate light to let you know you were in low.
Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.