Another fuel pump issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Another fuel pump issue

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Unclejimbo
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Another fuel pump issue

Trying to help a buddy figure out his fuel issue. When the key is on or off the fuel gauge is pegged at full, the pump wont prime when the key is turned on, I am only getting 8 volts back to the pump, relays are good, there isnt a ground at the ebrake, tore apart the pdc to clean everything up, checked every inch of wire from tank to engine, replaced the connector ends, tested pump and it work, we actually have it wired to a toggle switch right now so it can be driven. Changed out entire under dash harness due to a security system that way its fresh and good to go (plus that fixed mine). I think thats all ive tried, im sure im forgetting something. But I am at a wall, I am out of options besides swapping out the under hood harness. Oh yeah even tried another computer I had and still nothing. I know when I tested pins on the ecu I concluded the auto shutdown was being activated and have no clue why. Any help would be beyond appreciated as this has become a nightmare. Thanks

Unclejimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Pm sent. Call me
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
rep-tile
2004 WJ 

May be an issue with the ballast resistor; have you tried bypassing it?
rep-tile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 04:10 AM   #4
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The 8 volts is the fuel level. I will have him fill in the fix when it's done. Hard to do this one on the forum.
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.