another 92 2.5 running out of fuel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > another 92 2.5 running out of fuel

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 10-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
dirtynuts

another 92 2.5 running out of fuel

ok a couple months ago I got a 92 wrangler off a buddy of mine has some problem and had been abused and I noticed on the ride home it had a bad miss in the midrange rpms so I have to drive it either at idle or wide open and sometimes it would backfire and miss well come to find out its losing fuel pressure so I started with the pump and when I pulled the pump the tank was trashed full of mud and melted and leaking fuel due to the exaust being cut off so I replaced the tank and complete sending unit with pump blew out the feed and return lines and puled the injectors and cleaned due to it not having a fuel filter on it(has new filter now) still runs like **** so I replaced the pressure regulator still runs like crap wel after reading I replaced the distributor,coil,tps,map,temp,and 02 what else could it be ive cleaned all my grounds and cant get the computer to clear the codes for 02 lean or tps so I need some help guys please this thing is driving me nuts to the point im ready to pull the 35s off and crush this thing

dirtynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

check the exhaust manifold for cracks/broken bolts...

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
dirtynuts

manifolds perfect just replaces the intake/exaust gasket last week
dirtynuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.