Amp Install - '90 Wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Amp Install - '90 Wrangler

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-25-2001, 11:21 AM   #1
InspGadgt

Amp Install - '90 Wrangler

He3y Folx,

Newbie here. FINALLY got ahold of a '90 Wranlger (4 cyl, but got one)(soft top, no rear seat)

I want to install an audio amp but not sure the best location. I usually wheel with bikini top on, so have to keep that in mind.

Also......stock body height, what size wheels ca I get away with throwin' on it without having to lift?

Thanx

Unread 04-25-2001, 11:37 AM   #2
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I can't help you with the amp location(mines bolted under the back seat), but the largest tire without rubbing is a 30x 9.50 r 15 on stock rims(or at least stock backspacing)
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2001, 06:36 AM   #3
LNDSRK

I recently had my stereo system taken out of mine. My amp was installed under the front seat, driver side. My solution was buying the Insta-Trunk through JC Whitney for $100.00. My new amp was installed yesterday, and unless a thief has the time and patience, he isn't going to be getting the amp out. Also put two 6x9 inside Tuffy's Speaker & Security Lockbox. These bolt to the wheel wells, and are made from 16 gauge steel.

[url=http://www.novajeepers.com]Northern Virginia Jeepers Association[/url]
LNDSRK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.