Am I paying too much for a re-gear? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Am I paying too much for a re-gear?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 02-16-2002, 10:33 PM   #1
Mike611

Am I paying too much for a re-gear?

Hey guys, I'm planning on lifting my 95 3 inches soon, with 32's, I have the 2.5L fourbanger, will I need to re-gear to 4.88's?? I am running OEM 4.10's right now,
If I do need to regear,, how much is a fair price?? Thanks

95 2.5L, bumpers and hilift, soon to be locked and lifted...

95, 2.5L, custom bumpers, Flow's, 4 inch Skyjacker Super Duty, 33x12.50 MT's, 15X10 AR 767's, Hi-lift, Funk in the Trunk( two 12 inch subs ), soon to be locked and have one of those pully things on the front.

If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly...
Mike611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2002, 01:13 AM   #2
renegade0351

mike,

i dont see any need to regear since you already have 4.10's and your only running 32's, but if you decide to check with 4wheel parts on south blvd {they just opened a few weeks ago} and see what they get to regear, tarheel wants $600 for both axle's. i had a local guy here near gastonia do mine {cost me $250} but i'm not happy with the work he did so needless to say i will not be using him again. let me know how it goes.
89 sahara, 4.2 , k551 weber, nutter bypass, tuffy stereo security console & under seat security drawer, 4'pro comp & 3'body, front waggy44 w/detroit & 4.88, rear waggy44 w/detroit & 4.88, teralow sye, tw's cv drive shaft {rear}, warn locking hubs, boomerrangs all around, 35x15.50 tsl-sx swampers { love that roar}.
renegade0351 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.