Am i doin something wrong - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Am i doin something wrong

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #16
TrynPas
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure if this was covered, but I saw that someone on the boards here had the same problem only to find out that they did have the calipers swapped. If I remember right, the bleed fitting/screw has to be towards the top of the caliper......these are discs....right?

TrynPas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #17
Tcarsten
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrynPas View Post
Not sure if this was covered, but I saw that someone on the boards here had the same problem only to find out that they did have the calipers swapped. If I remember right, the bleed fitting/screw has to be towards the top of the caliper......these are discs....right?
yes on the disc
ill have to check tomarrow on the direction of the bleed screw
I just dont see how they could go on if they were swapped but i could be wrong
Tcarsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #18
Tcarsten
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
Is it hard when the engine is off ? and when it running is soft? Then you might want to look at the brake booster. or you have the wrong stroke in the peddle.
Its soft all the time
dosent matter if its on or off
Unread 04-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #19
Tcarsten
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrynPas View Post
they are upside down **** i feel stupid i didnt know that u could tell from the bleed screw
Unread 04-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #20
notmyj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yup, air bubbles rise in a fluid. That's why the bleeder is at the top.

Don't feel stupid for it. Its a lesson you will never forget. I did it once (trust me, it will only happen once) on my malibu in highschool. A few years later a friend of mine was finishing up a complete restoration on a 69 camaro rs/ss 396 with a richmond 6spd.

We were hanging out one night and he was *****ing that his brakes were all effed up and that was all that holding him up from driving it. We went to take a look at it with another guy (both of these guys were a few years older than me) and see if we could figure it out. On the way to his house, he told me what he had done to it. We get there and the other two start looking at the booster, the master, etc. I stuck my head around one front tire and saw the bleeder was pointing down.

I told him I could fix it in 30 minutes if I I got to drive it for 30 min. They both just looked at me, the young kid, who didn't know as much as they did. They didn't believe that I could do it, but I insisted. He accepted my offer, and shook on it. I told them that calipers were on the wrong sides and to swap them. The three of us did it 20 min. Sure as shat, it fixed it.

I never forgot it when I did it, he will never get that he did it, and you will never forget that you did it. But unlike the guy with the camaro, it won't cost you half tank of 110 race fuel, and most of a set of rear tires. Yeah, that car was bad ***.

Lesson learned.
My BUDGET York OBA Install
Budget Welding Cart
Carling Contura Switch Panel

If it has tracks, tires or tits, its gonna cause a problem.

"Everytime someone "upgrades" a D35, an angel looses its wings."

"Dizzy" - What SnoopDog would call a Distributor if he was a mechanic. I cringe every time I hear this moronic term

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
Send lawyers, guns and money. The **** has hit the fan...
92, 4.0, AW4, 8.8, D30, 15x10, 37's, SOA etc, etc
92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)
notmyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.