always wondered.... about hood - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > always wondered.... about hood

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-30-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
84 400
1989 YJ Wrangler 

always wondered.... about hood

i have always wondered what the 3 peices of black metal are on the hood the two larger hoops and the one smaller. i assum they are for the windsheild? when it is folded down? thanks alot for the info i feel like an dumb a** asking but have always wondered.

thanks

84 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #2
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

those would be your windshield tie down brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2006, 12:33 PM   #3
WCoon
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, the two on the sides are to support the windsheild, and the middle one is to tie the windsheild down so it doesn't hop and break. If you look at the top of your windsheild on the inside just above the mirror, there is another footman loop that corresponds to the center one on the hood.
WCoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #4
84 400
1989 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the info that is what i thought and it makes sence. coool thanks
84 400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.