Alternator wire/connector? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Alternator wire/connector?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
DaleG

Alternator wire/connector?

My son attempted to replace the alternator on his '95 YJ.

In taking off the old alternator, he cut the wires close to the connector, not realizing the connector was needed. D'oh.

This is the connector and cable that attaches to three bolts, and has a short wire that goes to a fourth bolt on the alternator. He cut everything but the latter.

I called a few parts stores and junkyards. The stores didn't list anything, and the junkyards said they usually just cut the wires when selling the alternator, so the part goes with the alternator.

I don't think there's enough left on the connector to get any kind of splice.

Any ideas? Is finding a used/cut connector+wire the best bet, and splicing to the wires left on the Jeep? (Or is that a bad idea?)

Any help appreciated,

-d

DaleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
medicjz
1988 FSJ Cherokee 

Can you figure which wire went to what and just use crimp on spade connectors?
medicjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
DaleG

Resolved...

We got lucky; it turns out I had hung onto a connector/wire from the last alternator he bought (almost threw it out a few weeks ago!)

It had more wire before the cut, and he was able to crimp the wires together. Seems to be working.

I'd still be interested in a source for the full alternator wire with connector, to replace the now-crimped wires.

-d
DaleG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternator , connector , cut , jeep , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.