I got this YJ after it had been sitting a year. The alt was rusted and froze tight. I get it freed up and it was charging good, too good I think. The needle on the volt gauge was almost into the red zone. Maybe 16 volts or so. I decided the old alt. was not to be trusted after being froze up, and put on a new one. The gauge is still showing the same 16 volts. I turned the key to the "on" position and it shows just over 12 v. if I turn on the lights I can see a small drop on the needle, so I think the gauge is working ok. I checked the battery connections and the electrolyte level in the battery. Everything looks good there. It runs and starts fine. What do you guys think? Am I worrying about nothing? Dead cell in the battery maybe?