Alternator help!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Alternator help!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
ltdanyj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Alternator help!!

Put in a new engine. In the process, I converted my starting system from the '87(separate solenoid and starter), to a later model setup (starter and solenoid in one piece). Just starts and runs fine, but it's almost like the alternator isn't "waking up".... I have one wire left over from scrapping the old solenoid. It was a smaller wire that went to a 'front' post... next to the starter signal wire. could that be my problem?

Dan

"Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
ltdanyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

you have three wires from your alternator

put the big one all by itself to the battery

the two wire connector:

put the really thin wire to a circuit that is energized whenever the engine is running

put the other wire (red) to the battery or the starter relay if you have one.
'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

March 1st, 8pm. WILMINGTON, NC MEET & GREET @ HOOTERS!
Big-n-Broke-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.