alternate/ safe way to vent gas tank - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > alternate/ safe way to vent gas tank

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
shinigami
1991 YJ Wrangler 

alternate/ safe way to vent gas tank

since my 5.8 swap I threw away the charcoal canister(it was all soggy inside). now i need a new way to properly and safley vent the tank. any ideas?

I LOL'd
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
Noltz
YJ Wrangler 

Grab a charcoal can out of anything and hook it up. Cali has nasty emissions laws anyway, no?
Noltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
shinigami
1991 YJ Wrangler 

yes but im exempt since im stattoned in Louisiana, plan to register it here, besides im smog incompliant with a V8 w/no emissions parts what so ever. its gona be a off road only vehicle in the future
I LOL'd
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Unread 07-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
shinigami
1991 YJ Wrangler 

anyone?
I LOL'd
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Unread 07-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
Noltz
YJ Wrangler 

Old cars just had a vented gas cap... nothing more than that. In your case, you could grab a small filter for a PCV system or whatever and run your hose to that. Make it as high as possible of course, should you need to ford water. Of course, when you say safely and properly, that's through a charcoal can and hooked to your intake via vacuum valve.
Noltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
Dborns
1983 CJ7 

I have a can on my YJ tub I planned on using, but I can't tell if its working or not; I still have a gas smell in my garage. I've seen the links for the delorean (?) canister, but does anyone have the make/ model/ years of vehicles that have these? A suggestion that'll make it easier to find the right car in a JY?
Thanks!
Dborns is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.