All the bulbs in my dash except one or two - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > All the bulbs in my dash except one or two

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 04-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
Motocane
Jeepster

All the bulbs in my dash except one or two

were burned out. At night, I couldn't see much of anything on the gauges. I decided to start taking of some dash bezels to replace lights. I found lots of rust and found myself in the middle of a dash and windshield frame rebuild. I will still have to replace lots of bulbs when the other parts are done.

photo-8.jpg   photo-9.jpg  
2007 Red Rock Unlimited Rubi, 6 speed, dual tops, tow, power group, side air bags, deep tint, Sirius, 6-disc DVD/mp3 radio, Pro Comp Series 7005, 4.5 Rubicon Express longarm, Rubicon Express drive shaft and shocks, 4.88 gears, Toyo MT 35's, yellow top, Cobra WXSTII, Fab Fours front and rear bumpers, Warn 9.5XP with synthetic, cirkit boss, black grill insert, DEO high steer.

1990 YJ 3 1/2" BDS suspension lift, 1 " body lift, SYE, Borla header and catback, Super 35 rear with Detroit Locker, 4.56 F & R, Schrockworks rocksliders, Truxus 33 MTS, Mastercraft Baja RS front seats, Bestop rear seat, Skid Row nightcrawler front bumper, LOD rear bumper, Centerforce dual friction clutch, Bushwacker flares, Warn 9.5ti with synthetic, Line-X tub, Dual yellow tops, aluminum radiator, electric fan, back up lights, heavy duty alternator, Uniden PC78Elite, PIAA 525s, hood lights, fuel injection.
Motocane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like mine when I removed the rotted windshield frame. It took a few days to get everything cleaned up and in couple of weeks it was all back together. Quite a project but if you are not in a hurry you can get her done. Since the dash is apart you will be looking for new screws if so let me know I got mine at fastenall by the 100/pack. If you need the part # let me know. By the way put new speakers in before you reassemble. Go with the LED dash light upgrade its not expensive.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
atldude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Dude, sometimes i look at the jeeps around here and can't help but be amazed at the amount of rust lol
I get the folks up north deal with salt and all but daumn! Anyway good luck man seems like you're in for a treat dealing with it. Cheers!
atldude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
Flajeeper1
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerchief462 View Post
Looks like mine when I removed the rotted windshield frame. It took a few days to get everything cleaned up and in couple of weeks it was all back together. Quite a project but if you are not in a hurry you can get her done. Since the dash is apart you will be looking for new screws if so let me know I got mine at fastenall by the 100/pack. If you need the part # let me know. By the way put new speakers in before you reassemble. Go with the LED dash light upgrade its not expensive.
Excellent advice! Get good quality speakers especially if your interior gets wet from wheeling. Standard dash bulbs are 194. Joker, thanks for the info on the dash screws, I was wondering where to look for them.
Flajeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.