Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Alignment Specs with 4" RC lift and 1" Boom shackles

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Mean Max 
#1 ·
I have just installed my 4" RC lift and 1" boom shackles. What should the Caster, Camber angles be set at?

1/8" toe out to will help with very slight death wobble?? Yes??

Yes all ball joints, tie rods and drag link have been replaced.

I have 33X12.5 tires on 15X10 black steelies.

#8 ·
if you added one inch to your shackles your caster is off. you will need to go back to stock or shim the springs to return.

i've learned that alignment is a MUST with a raised jeep. it's not like a low four door car and only the tires will scrub. the jeep needs it's toe right.

#9 ·
I have just installed my 4" RC lift and 1" boom shackles. What should the Caster, Camber angles be set at?

1/8" toe out to will help with very slight death wobble?? Yes??

Yes all ball joints, tie rods and drag link have been replaced.

I have 33X12.5 tires on 15X10 black steelies.
No, toe in.

Caster in Degrees (Decimal) ................ 7.0 to 8.0
Toe-In in Inches (Fraction) .............. 1/16 to 1/8
Steering Axis Inclination (SAI) ................ 8 1/2*

Max :cheers2:

#10 ·
Thanks for all the help, my Caster is set at 8*, my toe was set a bit more than normal 3/8" toe in, camber is at stock spec! I run a shop and have two alignment machines with a 30 year veteran at alignments but he is great at OEM type work. Once i gave him the new spec and we played with it a few times it is perfect now, as far as driveability that is any way. We set it, then drove, set it again, then drove it again, set it the last time and she was awesome!:thumbsup:

#11 ·
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out! :thumbsup:

Max :cheers2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.