Airbox stud and wing nut, 89 YJ V6? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Airbox stud and wing nut, 89 YJ V6?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 08-31-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
veestan
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Airbox stud and wing nut, 89 YJ V6?

These are not dealer items anymore (discontinued); Quadretec doesn't carry them and I have searched numerous juck yards. Does anyone know of a company that sells them or a manufacturer that has picked up production of these items?

Anyone know the demisions of these items? I was thinking maybe I could find a stud that would fit from a local metal shop or something. Any ideas?

This is for a 1989 YJ V6 with OEM carb.

'01 YZFR6
veestan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
ImpactFabWorks
1990 YJ Wrangler 

first it is a straight 6 not a V6. I think your talking about the stud coming from the top of the carb???? I actaully made mine with some heavy gauge wire and a 1/4" bolt when I still had the carter carb.

www.Impact-FabWorks.com

Impact-FabWorks Facebook

Please fill out your profile, It helps us help you!!!
ImpactFabWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

I was able to pick up the stud and wing nut at advance auto. THey had generic carb parts and it was in that section.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 05:53 AM   #4
veestan
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys, will take the refurbed carb into the parts store and see if they can't match it up with a generic.
'01 YZFR6
veestan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.