Air Raid Filter size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Air Raid Filter size

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-14-2014, 08:34 AM   #1
spjewell
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Air Raid Filter size

Maybe I am making this harder than it needs to be, but I need a little help here.

I have an issue off-roading in dusty areas with my aftermarket Air Raid filter getting clogged up. As everyone knows the 2.5 needs everything it can get. So to make a long story short I decided to drop the 20 bux to get a pre-filter, or "Pre charger" as K&N refers to them. Now I am realizing that there is no information online on what size filter was supplied . Does anyone know the part number I need to order, or the filter size so I can look it up?

I am trying to order this during my down time at work, if you guys don't have this information available I will measure once I get home.

It would also be helpful for future readers if info on year ranges were provided as to what fits and what doesn't.

spjewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i take it you have a cai with a cone/cylinder filter? maybe try and call airaid.
kingcat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Switch back to the stock airbox and filter. None better and the little 2.5 doesn't breathe hard enough to warrant a CAI. Nor does a 4.0.

If you must then I suggest

http://www.stu-offroad.com/engine/air1/air-2.htm
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #4
spjewell
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
Switch back to the stock airbox and filter. None better and the little 2.5 doesn't breathe hard enough to warrant a CAI. Nor does a 4.0.

If you must then I suggest

http://www.stu-offroad.com/engine/air1/air-2.htm
Thanks for the input, I will look into the vacuum bags. As I purchased the vehicle with the CAI I would prefer a couple bucks for a pre-filter as opposed to purchasing a stock air filter setup. However the question still stands, what size do I buy? This late in the day it is looking like its getting close to tape measure time.
spjewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #5
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

I am running an AEM unit.......Having said that I bought it into the store (the filter) with a tape measure and sized it best I could. Woks well and traps a lot of dust.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.