air cleaner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > air cleaner

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-15-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
NYCjeep

air cleaner

Ok so I pretty much got the vacuum mess taken care of now im trying to get the air filter housing on the engine and its just not lining up correctly. I have the 4.2 and from what I can tell there is the part that gets bolted to the valve cover ( I have a bracket for that ) and the top part that goes over the air filter to the carb. I just cant seem to fit it on top of the valve cover correctly,, is there some kinda spacer that goes between the bracket and the housing??? Thanks a lot.

NYCjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #2
dbguync

If you're talking about the factory air filter housing, when I had mine on i had to put a few washers on the bracket on the valve cover to raise the housing up to fit. That bracket is adjustable side to side also. If your's is broke, I have the bracket and the housing I'm not using anymore...
Unread 02-16-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
Wif
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Mine had a thick space/washer that went between the v/c and airbox
[I]Who's[/I] in front ?

Ridin' topless again .. sweet !!
Wif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2006, 02:27 PM   #4
NYCjeep

thanks for the help guys someone sent me a pic i just have to find some washers fot it
NYCjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.