Aftermarket Seats - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Aftermarket Seats

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 03-14-2014, 05:57 AM   #16
nzpete
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
I bought a pair of the Bestop seats. High quality and holds up to weather - even cold - quite well. Install was a breeze too. I picked up my pair on sale and with a promo deal at the time.
I bought the Bestop seats, too, and they are made well, but unfortunately not really designed for the YJ. They seem to have been made for the TJ as they will sit noticeably higher in a YJ. So much so, that I've considered fabbing up new seat risers, (lowers), to lower them to a more comfortable height. YMMV, though.

Unread 03-14-2014, 08:30 AM   #17
JMark
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the further replies. FWIW, when I asked what the issues are with low-backs, I was actually hoping to get views pro and con. So I appreciate the responses all around.

Obviously, I understand the safety issues. I also happen to agree that a Jeep is not the "safest" vehicle in the world, and it's kind of a mix of factors, that we all resolve in our own ways (and hopefully, without being judged by others here). I ride a motorcycle, too. Indeed, I have a sidecar on it (with a low back seat ), and my kids ride in it. Most kids in most Jeeps I think ride in the back anyway, and in most Jeeps, that's a low-back seat.

Anyway, appreciate all the responses. Still trying to assess what brands are best and worst, etc.

Mark
JMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #18
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

The idea that a jeep isn't safe is only backed up by the effort the owner puts into making and keeping it safe.

It's about how the owner drives and the cage they have it in. I think it's awesome that for a little bit of money(relative to what some people pay for suspension, axles, engines and additional interior parts) you can have a full cage with frame tie ins that you can lift the jeep up with.

Since this is a seat thread, if anyone has any more info on the master crafts, id be happy to hear it.

And for clarification, I think the Baja SS seats are nice. They are comfortable but after three years of DDing they have not held up like a $200 seat should IMO. The vinyl is coming undone and they sit at an angle because of the stock jeep seat bracket. The brackets that Corbeau provides are horrible. The adapter to bolt the seat to the stock sliders was so poorly made that I couldn't use the slider function because of the friction it applied to the stock seat bracket. And their seat base was not made right either. I had to use a pipe wrench to turn one of the legs enough to line it up with the holes in my jeep. It was so badly off alignment that the nutsert in that hole is permanently crooked.

They offered no service or assistance either. Bastards.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.