Aftermarket Radiators ?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Aftermarket Radiators ??

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 08-01-2012, 06:03 AM   #16
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I saw this thread pop up again and I figure I'd update with my experience with the new single core radiator from Autozone. I towed a 5' x 8' U-haul trailer from South of Atlanta to Knoxville, TN (loaded of course). I left at 10:30am so I was driving through the hottest part of the day running on all interstate at 60-70 mph. My 4.0L would creep over 210 with my Taurus fan on low speed controlled by a thermostat. For most of the trip I kept the high speed on all the time and it stayed right below 210. I left the low speed on and though it creeped over 210 it would drop back down after a little bit.

All in all the radiator was OK. I'd rather have a 2 core or 3 core radiator to comfortably handle the towing and/or hot days. Since I don't do much towing and since the jeep did great around town this one will work for now but I'm leaning towards upgrading in the future. I may fix my A/C so it may be sooner than later.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #17
ptwhaler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I just got a new one from the Jeep dealer over here. I guess even the ones you get from the dealer are going to the plastic top now. It's working great so far in the 125 degree temps. Sadly I had to pay Qatar prices at $225. If I had gotten my new fan clutch in the mail a week earlier I might have gotten away with just flushing it, but when the clutch went the fan ate a big hole in the radiator. Bent the fan too so that was another $95 I have an all new cooling system now though.
ptwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radiator

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.