Aftermarket cruise control - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-22-2002, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Sunvista
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Aftermarket cruise control

I'm new to this forum and also new to Jeep. I just bought a Wrangler X. It had most of the options I was looking for except I would have liked to have cruise control to get to the mountains. Has anyone installed aftermarket cruise? Recommendations?

'02 Wrangler "X" 4.0 APEX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-22-2002, 05:51 PM
MusicMaverick

2014 JK Wrangler 

I installed it on my YJ. I bought a universal, cheap $99 one that works fine. Relitively easy to install. It can be divided into 3 parts: Wiring, vacuum hose connections, and the throtte cable.
Simply spice into the ign. wire, the VVS wire (or is it VSS? either way). Then run the wiring harness up into cab, and mount is accordingly.
Then tap into a vacuum hose. (I chose the PCV hose.
Then hook up to the throttle cable using one of the many different kinds of connections. Use common sense to chose the one that seems to make the most sense.

Currently: '14 JKU

Past vehicles: '92 YJ, '97 TJ, '10 JK
post #3 of 4 Old 04-23-2002, 02:15 AM
93 Blue Demon YJ

I installed one too. I paid $100. installed similar the last post. I have a 4.0, and it stays pinned on your set speed. It would take quite a hill to make it slow down just 1 mph. 2.5 may vary a little more on hills. I would reccomend it if you drive on the highway much. I got a big jump in fuel economy when I use it on the highway.

Richard
'93 YJ 4.0 3" RC lift 15x10 wheels and 32" tires.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-23-2002, 09:30 AM
MusicMaverick

2014 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, it does slow on hills, even more with the 31's now. ALso you need a canister for another $10 that the vacuum runs through before going to the servo unit if you have a 2.5

Currently: '14 JKU

Past vehicles: '92 YJ, '97 TJ, '10 JK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.