Advice on suspension setup? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Advice on suspension setup?

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
TheBootlegger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Advice on suspension setup?

Hey y'all, I have a 4" lift with a 1" t-case skidplate drop, running 33" tires. Haven't been on the road with it cause I'm repairing the rear shackle to frame mounts (it's a real rust bucket lol). Thing is, I'm looking into getting new shackles and found some with greasable bolts for 25$ a pair. Thing is, they are boomrangs with 1" lift. My setup is pretty common, so I'd like to know if someone runs them and if youre having vibrations or anything? Any downside to it? Will it decrease MPG so much it's not worth it?

Thanks!

TheBootlegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Shackles won't affect had mileage. Did you do a slip yoke eliminator kit on your tcase when you lifted? If not, your first drive might be your last until you do put one on. I did a 2.5" lift with 5/8" boomerang shackles and had to lower my tcase an inch to make it driveable and it still has a supper light vibe at 40mph. I am going to swap my springs around though because I put them on the wrong ends of the jeep (front to rear) so I am hoping swapping eliminates the vibe. If not, I am going to have to remove the bommerangs and try out the old stock shackles and if that doesn't work I will just have to get an sye kit.
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:34 AM   #3
TheBootlegger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe your vibs are just because the springs you got in the rear are meant for the front and don't have shims to keep the axle in a relatively straight angle.. I'm not SYE either, but the t-case is dropped with a 1" bar that came with the RC 4" lift kit I have on. The rest is all stock, and the rear is a D35c with 4:10 straight from factory. I suspect even the rust is from factory lol.
TheBootlegger is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.