ADVICE - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ADVICE

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 04-19-2001, 08:52 PM   #1
CHAOSN8

ADVICE

HEY GUYS, IM LOOKING AT A '94 YJ SAHARA. ITS GOT 84131K, CD PLAYER, AND ALL THE NORMAL STUFF THE SAHARA HAS. THEY ARE ONLY ASKING $7995 FOR IT. WHAT U THINK. IM GOING TO GET IT LOOKED AT NY A MECHANIC AND DRIVE. NE ADVICE AS TO WHAT TO LOOK AT. THANKS. O YEA IM LOOKING AT IT TOM SO UR FAST REASPONSE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. NATE

CHAOSN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2001, 09:13 PM   #2
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The price sounds good, if it has not been in an accident, and has minimal rust. Some rattling/ ticking of the engine is common to Jeeps.
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2001, 01:51 AM   #3
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It sounds like a good find to me as long as mechanically it's in good working order. You know honestly it ain't like a CJ where we have a list of common failure items to check for. That really is a pretty good year and model. How many miles?
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2001, 08:34 AM   #4
Cody_91YJ

Sounds like a great deal to me. If it checks out with your mechanic, go for it
Unread 04-20-2001, 10:56 AM   #5
rayray

The price is good

One thing to pay close attension to is the tranny. The AX15 (and 5) are bad about syncros not lasting. So if there is any history on the tranny, get it and see if it's had any work done. Engine wise. The 4.0 is a great motor. It may sound a little like a diesel, but that's normal. I had a problem with my old one loosing exhaust manifold bolts. Not big deal though.

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2001, 11:52 AM   #6
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

Stock suspension?? Tire size??? Wheels??? Has it been used offroad or was it a highway cruiser?? These are just a few things I'd look at. When I first looked at my yj it was just washed by the owner, but he missed the 6" of mud on top of the axles. I bought it anyway and really it just needed a little tlc. Buy any jeep and you probably won't be disappointed.
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2001, 12:08 PM   #7
CHAOSN8

THANKS GUYS. IM GOING TO CHECK IT OUT TODAY, DRIVE IT AND SLEEP ON IT AND TOMMORROW ILL TAKE IT TO A MECHANIC. ILL LET U GUYS KNOW HOW IT GOES. THANKS AGAIN.
CHAOSN8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.