Adjusting the idle on a 1988 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Adjusting the idle on a 1988 YJ

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
Ed_Lorentz
2007 KJ Liberty 

Adjusting the idle on a 1988 YJ

Does anyone know how to do this? I had a couple of people look at it but can't seem to find out how to. I need to increase it because it will stall out if I let it sit still without reving the engine.

Thanks
Ed

Ed_Lorentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
YJMonster
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Which motor.
Unread 04-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
Ed_Lorentz
2007 KJ Liberty 

Its the four cylinder.
Ed_Lorentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
RebuildRookie
1988 YJ Wrangler 

The ECU automaticaly adjust the idle. The only thing that can be done is to adjust the screw on the throttle plate, but I wouldnt recommend doing that to much, being that it is set from the factory. Of course PO's tend to mess some things up if they dont understand what they are doing.

What is the idle at when at a stand still in neutral?

Also, your Idle actuator motor might be bad. It moves the screw ,i was telling you about, in and out to adjust the idle at start up and at normal idle when operating.
And you keep the terrorists in check before you get your *** blowed off.[/B][/FONT]
RebuildRookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.