adjust carb for altitude? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > adjust carb for altitude?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-20-2001, 12:15 PM   #1
CF

adjust carb for altitude?

I posted this in the General forum but didn't get a response. Someone must have some advice on this. I mean isn't the Rubicon up in the Tahoe area?

Iíll be going up to Tahoe. Itís at 8200 ft. Iíll coming from the SF Peninsula at sea level. Will I be too rich at that altitude? Should I adjust the air/fuel ratio when I get up there? Iíve got a carbureted 258.

Unread 12-20-2001, 07:11 PM   #2
pokey

Quote:
Originally posted by CF:
I posted this in the General forum but didn't get a response. Someone must have some advice on this. I mean isn't the Rubicon up in the Tahoe area?

Iíll be going up to Tahoe. Itís at 8200 ft. Iíll coming from the SF Peninsula at sea level. Will I be too rich at that altitude? Should I adjust the air/fuel ratio when I get up there? Iíve got a carbureted 258.
There is a large metel loop on the end of your loom on the riders side. I think the wire is black. It's just hanging there probably in front of your battery some place. Just take it to the block or whatever to ground. When you do this it makes the 258 think it's at altitude and it will run great up there. Don't hook it up until you get there of course. you could run it on a switch in the cab to ground it whenever you wish if you go high very aften. Do it, it works and it's the only mod you'll need for altitude.

Bud
pokey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.