Adding more Raptor...how to? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Adding more Raptor...how to?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 08-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
jhumphrey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Adding more Raptor...how to?

Hey all,

I'm getting ready to swap roll bars (sport to family) with a guy. My tub is raptor lined and so are my bars. I did this a few months ago (and love the result). Anyway, when I did mine, I left the roll bar in (I know, I know). So the bolts came out easy, but I have some spots that I need to touch up (ie, put liner on), such as where the roll bar plates meet the tub. I will be raptor lining the "new" bar, so it matches my interior (black).

Does anyone have suggestions on how to apply raptor to the blank areas? Do I need to tape off the areas that already have liner or should I just by a roll on liner (monstaliner, durabak, etc) to do the naked spots and/or the roll bar? Thanks for the advice.

Unread 08-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #2
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

sure wish i could find somebody to swap me for their family bars heh.

BTW i love my Durabak if that's the route you choose.
bogleparsons is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #3
jhumphrey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogleparsons View Post
sure wish i could find somebody to swap me for their family bars heh.

BTW i love my Durabak if that's the route you choose.
What I have is an area on the tub that got nicked when I was grinding the bolt on the roll bar (the bolt that bolts to the tub in the floor), so now I have a bare spot that'll need touch up to prevent rust. Of course, the entire "new" roll bar will need to be lined as well.

I think durabak sells pints, which would be perfect for the little touch up spot. But, of course, I could just get a couple of quarts for the roll bar and the touch up spot... theres many ways to go.
jhumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
Leans93
She's my density...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

When I Raptor lined my Jeep I put on all 4 bottles the first day. My Jeep is white and so the next day I went out to check out my spray job and there was still a little white showing here and there through the liner. I went to my paint store and grabbed a few more quarts and sprayed the spots I wanted touched up. Also according to Raptors instructions all that's needed is for the old raptor to be cleaned. No other prep needed according to the instructions.

93' YJ 4.0L AX-15, 4" Pro Comp lift, 3/4" shackles, 1" BL, 33x12.5x15 BGF MT's, and some other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
Catch me on the highway or about to tear the mall up.
Leans93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #5
jhumphrey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
When I Raptor lined my Jeep I put on all 4 bottles the first day. My Jeep is white and so the next day I went out to check out my spray job and there was still a little white showing here and there through the liner. I went to my paint store and grabbed a few more quarts and sprayed the spots I wanted touched up. Also according to Raptors instructions all that's needed is for the old raptor to be cleaned. No other prep needed according to the instructions.
I had wondered if that was it. But, Im also wondering since its had time to set up (had it on for a few months), if I can just spray new raptor onto old raptor, so to speak?
jhumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.