add a leafs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > add a leafs

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
hnda88
1995 YJ Wrangler 

add a leafs

i have a 95 jeep yj with a 4 inch rough country lift. after putting big bumpers, spare tire, winch, and doing quite a bit of wheeling my suspension has sagged allot. i want to add another leaf to each spring pack. i was looking at rustys add a leafs. dont have a bunch of money. anyone have good idea's on what to do? im not interested in doing an soa. rather do a coil conversion in a couple years. just interested in perking up my jeep for the time being.

hnda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
JohnOllen
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I had a leaf added to my 92 and it's been great. Raised it 2 1/2 inches. Cheap way to lift and still rides well enough. Hasn't sagged any in 3 years.
JohnOllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
hnda88
1995 YJ Wrangler 

what leafs did you use?
hnda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
JohnOllen
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Just took it to an auto spring shop and they added the leaf. It's thicker than the stock leafs.
JohnOllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
jcmooreusmc

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I've heard of using a spring from chevy S-10s as an add a leaf. This was done w/ the stock spring packs though, not sure if it would yield any results w/ the RC springs you have since it's already arched more than stock.
jcmooreusmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.