add a leaf question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > add a leaf question

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-24-2002, 07:59 AM   #1
GREGDOG95YJ

add a leaf question

My next step I do is add a leafs and I would like to know everybody that has used them what there opinion is? I have narrowed down my choices to the ranchos & the bds add a leafs. There is also some add a leafs made by a company called McCoy Brothers that are sold by www.macromotive.com but, I need more info on them before I take them in to consideration. Thanks for the help.

"just like all addicts my need to satisfy my addiction far exceeds my wallet!!"
GREGDOG95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2002, 12:29 PM   #2
NappyYJ

I don't recommend add-a-leafs. When I first bought my 91 YJ I got them put on it was this big ole process. First they have to take the spring pack apart then install the add-a-leaf then put it back together. You would save time and money if you just a bought 2in lift. Plus the ride is better the add-a-leaf makes for a terrible ride. I would only do an add-a-leaf if I were doing a Spring Over Axle Lift but I won't get into that.

91YJ 4banger, 3in BDS lift, quick disconnects, Revolver Shackles, 4:56 gears, 33in thornbirds, Catback exhaust, Turbo City air intake, Air Aid throttle body spacer, Lockers coming soon!!!
NappyYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2002, 12:34 PM   #3
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The only add-a-leaf I've had any success with is the Rancho full length. Granted, an add-a-leaf can make for a stiffer ride. But for about $150, it makes a decent 2" lift that's much better performing than a shackle or body lift. Yes, you do have to open up the packs, put in the add-a-leaf and put the pack back together. Not really a big deal. Have either a c-clamp or vise available and a big pry bar for the spring clamps and it's really not a big job.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.