Add a Leaf - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Add a Leaf

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 03-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Add a Leaf

Okay, I'm about to pull a trigger on fix my hot rod stance on my YJ. I have what I think is a 4" RC spring lift. I run stock shackles. I was wondering if I can run an add a leaf to boost me back up? I'm sagging close to two inches up front with no noticeable sag in the rear. I mean none. I'm not sure if a 2" add a leaf would level me out, or if it is doable. I searched for a very long time and I haven't seen any thread on using an aal on an already lifted vehicle except for SOA. I want to get new springs, but they are pricey and I won't have the money to get new springs for a while. But the add a leaf seems more realistic if it is doable. I'm trying to stay away from lift shackles. I hear that longer shackles will flatten my springs out prematurely and really mess with steering. Well, thanks for the read, maybe one of the gurus here can point me in the right direction.

Unread 03-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Im not a fan of the add a leaf technique. Not many around here do them...

Superlift 3.5" springs run $60 each. And if those don't get you back up to level, a pair of 1/2" lift shackles will finish it off.

I run Superlift springs all around and I'm happy with the ride and flex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Best option is to replace the problem, not patch it. Most lift estimates tend to be higher than reported, thus you might end up nose high. I would keep away from anything stamped rough country. Also not fond of 4+ lift kits.
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.