Activating factory options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Activating factory options

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiHappy Thursday! From Morris 4X4 Center

Unread 03-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
RichC0x
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Activating factory options

Typical new guy preamble, please be gentle?

I have a '92 YJ that I have been going through and clearing all the squawks that have accumulated over the last few years while I have been busy with work, school, children, etc. The fun part though is finding all the little things built into my Jeep that were "options" or "export" and then using them.

Two little things have me stumped at the moment;

1) how do I wire/activate the little light above the accessory switch plate (on the right of the steering wheel)? The lamp base is there and the cut out is open. How to use it?

2) I moved one of the light bases from the idiot lights in the instrument panel from Maint Req to the connection for "Parking/Driving Lights On" [export only] but it does not seem to be that simple to make it work... maybe.

Does anyone remember seeing a thread about either of these before or maybe have any experience/ ideas?

Thanks for the help and I look forward to sharing any results!

RichC0x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome!!

Removing the dash panels should show that there is a light in the vicinity and it isn't very bright. You can replace the dash lights with LEDs from a company like superbrightleds.com or wire in another light to add some more visibility.
Unread 03-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yeh, the one over the switches is just a small light that clips to the panel, it should be obvious when you pull the panel loose. I've never even hear of the other one. Are you trying to have a light to let you know your lights are on?
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
RichC0x
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I like my instrument panel lights, I am just trying to figure out the story/history to the light just above the accessory switches. I went looking for a pic and actually found one of yours, ACM.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/a...69/index2.html

That window above the rocker switches... there is a lamp base (riveted) in there; how would it have been wired into the circuit?
Unread 03-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
RichC0x
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Are you trying to have a light to let you know your lights are on?
I noted it was there once when the sun was just at the right angle and I could see there was another information light printed there. A look in the owners manual said what it is. I think it would be fun to have that option. There is also one for the hazard lights.

I will take another look for the wire or whatever that goes to the other light. I didn't look very hard the other day when I had it all taken apart.

Tags
electrical , export , factory option

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.