? about YJ axle vaccum part.....WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS PART? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ? about YJ axle vaccum part.....WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS PART?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 04-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #1
x19delta

? about YJ front axle vaccum part.....WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS PART?

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS PART.....it is on the passenger side of the front axle, has three different hoses conecting to it, looks to be vaccum hoses and I believe it activates my 4wd on the front axle. One of the tips are broke off, my 4wd isnt engaging in the front axle so I think this is the cause of my problem. When it 4wd LOW it has the gear ratio that it should have but there is no spinning in the front axle. Anyways, I need to know the name of this part so that I can order a new one. Please help ASAP so I can get back in the trails! THanks!

1997 Jeep Wrangler. Black, 4cyl., 5 speed, black steelies w/31x10.50x15. 2" coil spring lift.

Last edited by x19delta; 04-28-2005 at 02:39 PM..
x19delta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2005, 02:40 PM   #2
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

4wd.com has a part called the "front axle disconnect switch assembly." that is the closest thing I could find to what I thought it would be called. I would think the word 'vaccum' would be in the name...I don't know if this is it or not because there's no pic:

http://www.4wd.com/shop/productdetai...oductsku=44060
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2005, 02:41 PM   #3
kg6mti
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I don't remember the atual name of the part. I just replaced mine with a Posi-Lok system. If you are interested in mine you are welcome to it for the cost of the shipping. My original system worked just fine I just wanted the piece of mind in having the Posi-Lok engagement system.

Why are you wanting to replace yours?

Unread 04-28-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
kg6mti
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry, I just re-read your post now I know why you are replacing the part.

Thanks!
Unread 04-28-2005, 02:48 PM   #5
x19delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mti
If you are interested in mine you are welcome to it for the cost of the shipping.
Yes I would be interested, let me know how much to ship to 49766

Quote:
Why are you wanting to replace yours?
One of the vacuum tips are broke off due to rust so I have to replace it to get it to work again.

1997 Jeep Wrangler. Black, 4cyl., 5 speed, black steelies w/31x10.50x15. 2" coil spring lift.
Unread 04-28-2005, 02:58 PM   #6
kg6mti
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like it would be about $10.00 2 Day USPS Priority Mail or about $7.00 USPS Parcel Post (8 Days).

No I give no warrantee or life expectancy on this part. I can only say that when I took it off about 3 weeks ago it worked perfectly fine.

If you are serious let me know and I will PM you an email address to use for PayPal or an address that you can send a Money Order to.

Thanks!
Unread 04-28-2005, 03:34 PM   #7
yoopers

I just did some work on my right front axle and the part according to the Haines manual is the shift motor. It's a vacuum motor that operates a shift fork to slide a splined collar inside the axle housing to lock in 4WD. It's an easy thing to remove for edification, four bolts and a slight tap on the motor housing to get it off. Careful to line up the shift fork on the collar upon reassembly. You may have to replace the cork gasket as well.

Bruce
yoopers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2005, 03:52 PM   #8
rickr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

when i put my posi lock in last month, i found my culprit--- shifting fork was broke! got new fork at dealer--- $36.10. wish i had waited and ordered a cast iron fork.
rickr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2005, 04:27 PM   #9
x19delta

Thanks everyone, I found out what I needed to know, thanks!

Unread 04-28-2005, 04:28 PM   #10
x19delta

Quote:
Looks like it would be about $10.00 2 Day USPS Priority Mail or about $7.00 USPS Parcel Post (8 Days).

No I give no warrantee or life expectancy on this part. I can only say that when I took it off about 3 weeks ago it worked perfectly fine.

If you are serious let me know and I will PM you an email address to use for PayPal or an address that you can send a Money Order to.

Thanks!
I will buy it from you, check your PM and PM me back with the email address! Thanks buddy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.