About buying a soft top. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > About buying a soft top.

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-22-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
superlack
1995 YJ Wrangler 

About buying a soft top.

I saw a used OEM yj softtop in my area for 100$. I'm thinking about getting it next weekend but I'm wondering about the process for putting it up/down. Would somebody be able to tell me how painful it is? Are there easier alternatives for the YJ?

superlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Mike
oooh you almost had it

i attached a link, just go down towards the bottom of the thread. if the videos dont load on the link just refresh the page. if your buying used check all the zippers and snaps as well as all the stitching. crayons, wax sticks, etc work well on the zippers. my TJ was easy, a little different from my YJ i have now. you'll get used to it after a couple of times. pretty soon you'll be able to do it with your eyes closed.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...9/#post5456888
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The OEm soft tops used half doors and soft uppers. If you have full steel doors they won't fit. Make sure you get all of the hardware for the top. If the top is in good condition and has all of the hardware thats a nice price.
Unread 04-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
Mugzz819
1990 YJ Wrangler 

One thing if it's craigslist is I wouldn't wait too long to decide. If it really is a great deal, which it sounds like it may be, they tend to disappear fast. If this one doesn't work, do the homework and figure out what you need so you know a little more what you're looking for. I've gotten some great deals off sites like craigslist but you really need to jump on them right off the bat.
Mugzz819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
superlack
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I left a message with the guy just now to call back. It says for full doors which I have... but, if I got half doors and soft uppers later, would it fit? or is it a completely different type of top?

Thanks
superlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.