99 Tj Ax5? Ax15? To 92 Yj Ax5 Swap??? Help Please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 99 Tj Ax5? Ax15? To 92 Yj Ax5 Swap??? Help Please

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
whatmud78
1992 YJ Wrangler 

99 Tj Ax5? Ax15? To 92 Yj Ax5 Swap??? Help Please

Does anyone know what all is involved in swaping out a 1999 TJ ax5 or ax15 (not quite sure which on comes in the 99 TJ, how do you tell the difference?) to my 92 YJ ax5? I've heard that the bell housing/slave cylinder set up needs to be changed along with the pilot bering possibly. Is there somthing different with the input/throwout bering? Will the transfer case swap with the assembly? I know the different years may have different electrical connectors on the tranny/transfer case that will need to be swaped. Any help?

whatmud78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.