97 TJ Booster into 92 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 97 TJ Booster into 92 YJ

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
djfred
1992 YJ Wrangler 

97 TJ Booster into 92 YJ

Hey whats up peeps.

Question here.
First of all I didnt think it would be this complicated, but i just recently got a TJ booster w/ MC (1997).

Took the Old YJ booster/mc out and i tried to fit it in place but the clutch cylinder was in the way and also the booster puller is short.

So what im thinking of doing is this.
Cut the puller a little and replace it with the orignal YJ puller.

Orginal one is 8 inchs in length (from booster wall to the end of the tip)
but TJ is short. so im going to cut it and weld the old one onto it to make it 8inch in total length.

I have not done this "yet"

any other idea that would help not cutting and welding.

I know you might say get a YJ 1995 Booster
its really hard to find an OEM one for a decent price and not pay Hundreds of $$$.

Thank you for your input guys.

I hope this kind of post has not been answered i have used the search on here and on google no reults came up.

Front D30 (4.88 w/ Powertrax No-Slip) -- Rear 8.8 (4.88 w/ ARB) -- Front Custom Bumper -- Custom Side Rock Guards -- Dual Snorkel (Coming Soon)
djfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
ChevDog1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I thought of doing tha same thing, since I can't find a 1995 dual booster. The only reason I haven't is that a friend has a 97TJ on 35's - and he says his brakes suck also. Let me know how yours works.
ChevDog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I cut and welded, this worked quite well.
Also the brake lines are different.
You will need to remove the double flare and bubble flare the ends that go into the master cyl,
Unless you bought adaptors that is.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
djfred
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevDog1 View Post
I thought of doing tha same thing, since I can't find a 1995 dual booster. The only reason I haven't is that a friend has a 97TJ on 35's - and he says his brakes suck also. Let me know how yours works.
I have 32" Tires on it now and it totally sucks no panic stop and hits the floor and i just got 35" will be putting those on soon.
Once i finish i shall take pics to show

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.7stroker View Post
I cut and welded, this worked quite well.
Also the brake lines are different.
You will need to remove the double flare and bubble flare the ends that go into the master cyl,
Unless you bought adaptors that is.

Dwayne
When i bought the system it came with Booster/MC and valve all in one hooked up already. and the valve looks identical to the one already installed on my YJ as of right now...
So im sure all the line fittings would fit but only thing im worried about is the weld, (which i myself am not doing my friend is that has a shop)
How is ur brakes holding and which year did you use on yours?
Front D30 (4.88 w/ Powertrax No-Slip) -- Rear 8.8 (4.88 w/ ARB) -- Front Custom Bumper -- Custom Side Rock Guards -- Dual Snorkel (Coming Soon)
Unread 04-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

My brakes are very good.
I used a dual diaphram out of a 98 I believe.
They are pretty much all the same.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
djfred
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds good I was just afraid of welding.
It doesn't break in the middle of braking.

Thank you

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.