95 YJ Stereo Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 95 YJ Stereo Help

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Razorback23
1995 YJ Wrangler 

95 YJ Stereo Help

I was running some new speaker wire today for future rear speakers I will be putting in. When I was all done I hook the stereo back up to jeep and it wont turn on. So i got out the multimeter and this is what I found, the yellow wire (constant 12v) is not getting any power at all. My red wire (Ignition 12v) is fine it reads 12.7 so im all good there. Im not sure what fuses to check I have pictures down below but there is nothing in the radio slot. So does anyone know where that yellow wire runs to so i can check it or is there a fuse anywhere that might have blown. Also my dome light in my hard top hasn't been working lately, I dont know if that has anything do with it? Thanks

Here is the fuse box under the dash, should something be going into the radio slot?

photo-1-1-.jpg   photo-2-1-.jpg  

Last edited by Razorback23; 05-25-2012 at 04:33 PM..
Razorback23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Check the fuse labeled "Radio".
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Razorback23
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Check the fuse labeled "Radio".
There is no fuse there. Look at the pictures above
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
sdotcarter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Check the wires. Mine were miscolored until I used a multi and found my true 12v.
sdotcarter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Razorback23
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdotcarter View Post
Check the wires. Mine were miscolored until I used a multi and found my true 12v.
My red wire(Ignition Power) is getting 12v but my yellow wire (Constant Power) is getting nothing at all. Shouldn't it still power on but just loose its memory when it turns off?
Unread 05-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I had issues getting a solid ground on my stereo install last week. Ensure your grounds are good. Also: many stereos have a fuse on the back of them, check that one.

Edit: My "Radio"Fuse is empty as well.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club #91
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s

TJ FOR SALE
Luuca is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
1995 , no power , problem , stereo , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.