Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

95 YJ Question about rims and tires.

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  TrentYJ 
#1 ·
Hello fellow Jeepers,

I am new to the forum and I have been reading all sorts of posts on this matter and my question has yet to be answered.

I have a 1995 4.0L 5 speed YJ. I am lifting it over the weekend with the new RC 4 inch N2 series kit and 1.25 inch lift Shackles. My question is concerning tires and wheels. I plan on going mudding as a toy, as this is NOT my Daily driver.

I originally wanted 35s. I trimmed the fenders to TJ standards. Yet I still am pessimistic about the 35s fitting and rubbing while mudding or during articulation. Should I just go with 33s as I do not plan on body lifting the YJ any time soon.

Now as far as the rims. I spoke with a local dealer here in Miami and he told me to get rims with a -24 offset... I am confused by this. I know the common back spacing for after market rims is around 3.0-3.5 inches. I do not want my YJ to look like a long board.

#10 ·
Pro comp steelies are great (i.e. 51's or 152's etc) but if your spending most of your time in mud, then make sure that mud doesn't sit on them overnight. I left it on one time and now mine are a rusted heap. If you wanna avoid the rust issues then just go alloy

#9 ·
You may get some bad driveline vibes with that much lift and a slip yoke. I know I have bad vibrations with a 4" lift but a 2" t-case drop fixed that. As for the tires, mine fit with only 4" of lift but theyre gunna rub. They actually get up into my fender and bang stuff up from time to time and I pretty much restrict myself to mud and the occasional trail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.