95 YJ Drivers seat, how to get the 4 bolts out of the rails?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 95 YJ Drivers seat, how to get the 4 bolts out of the rails??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
titleist18
1995 YJ Wrangler 

95 YJ Drivers seat, how to get the 4 bolts out of the rails??

95 YJ, How can I get the 4 bolts out of the rails that hold the seat on. There's no room for a for the torx bit and rachet to remove them... Anyone know how to do this ??? HELP !!! Trying to get he Drivers seat off...

titleist18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
muddy93
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

when I swapped out the seats on my 93, I was able to just slide the seat forward, remove the front bolts, then slide it back and remove the rear bolts.
Unread 08-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
xxxflhrci

Air ratchet.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
Neo1130
2009 JK Wrangler 

Do you have the whole seat out of the Jeep? Makes it MUCH easier...

Do as said before... Slide seat all the way forward, remove rear bolts, slide back, remove front....

C'mon now! My 2 year old did my seats!

Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
spaceboy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by titleist18 View Post
95 YJ, How can I get the 4 bolts out of the rails that hold the seat on. There's no room for a for the torx bit and rachet to remove them... Anyone know how to do this ??? HELP !!! Trying to get he Drivers seat off...

had the same problem...

had to completly remove the seat frame from the tub. Its only 2 hex bolts and 2 nuts....

The 2 hex bolts are removed from the inside of the tub.

The other 2 "bolts" seem to be welded or part of the seat frame. The bolts are easy to find when under the tub.

Let me know if you need photos.
spaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #6
rebelles

I have been looking at replacing my seats in my 93 Wrangler. After looking at them, I believe I have run into the same situation as described above. They look to have 4 bolts (probably torx head - can't see the top) going in from inside the slide through the seat riser into what looks like a permanantly afixed circular type threaded piece (on bottom of top rail of riser). You cannot move the seat far enough on this style to get access to the top of the bolt. So I am guessing you have to disconnect the slider and slide the seat off the bottom rail of the slider? Any help would be appreciated.

This is definately different than all the CJ seats I have replaced (i.e. through bolt from bottom of riser or access a bolt head from top by moving the seat slider back and forth)
rebelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
bmedeiros678
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Older thread but since I was looking up how to do this, the answers to the op's question bothered me so I figured I would help the next person who stumbles on this post. Don't look at the rails but under the seat and up. The screws that need to be removed are going into the seat NOT from the seat down. Slide the seat forward and look up. You will see the two torx screws. Slide the seat back and look up. You will see two more torx screws. If people just answered the op's question this way it would have actually helped him. And we all know the kid did not remove the screws. =-)
bmedeiros678 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.