'95 YJ build final plans - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > '95 YJ build final plans

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
rhbeardsworth
1995 YJ Wrangler 

'95 YJ build final plans

Alright guys, I'm approaching the final plans for my build, all I need to figure out is the financial part
Here's what I'm thinking from the ground up: 35x12.30 R15 **** Cepek Mud Terrain tires on axles out of a '79 Bronco, D44 up front and a Ford 9" rear. I'll figure out the gearing when I get there but I know I can get them geared deep enough. Hopefully I can find a powertrax traction system by Richmond gear for the rear. This'll be hooked up to the stock NP231 t-case through a custom Tom Woods CV driveshaft in the rear and a SYE kit. From there on up to the engine everything will be stock, maybe an intake, throttle body, etc as I go. For the lift I'm planning a 1.5" lift very stiff spring that's over the axle with a 1" body lift. If anyone knows a cheap but effective way to beak axle wrap let me know. I'll do stainless brake lines, probably custom built, but the steering is where I get lost. I want to do a high steer system, and I know I'll need a dropped pitman arm, and if it helps I have power steering. If anyone can help me figure out how to deal with the steering please let me know. Other than that I should be set on the build, so if anyone has any critiquing to share or you can help solve the sticky parts let me know

rhbeardsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
rhbeardsworth
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, I didn't realize JeepForum would blank that out. Okay, RICHARD Cepek tires!
Unread 05-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
GRYDE001
2008 JK Wrangler 

What do you mean as far as the steering? ?

If you are referrring to the steering box, then the Durango Steering box upgrade seems to be popular here, and is a direct bolt on I think. I don't have power steering or I would be doing that myself.
Unread 05-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
rhbeardsworth
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I mean that I would have to basically reconfigure the whole steering setup including draglink and tie rods because the Dana 44 is 4.5" wider than my YJ front axle.

Tags
bronco , full width , spring over

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.