95 Wrangler YJ 2.5 Liter Throttle body Vacuum Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 95 Wrangler YJ 2.5 Liter Throttle body Vacuum Problem

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
nelsonbr1
1995 YJ Wrangler 

95 Wrangler YJ 2.5 Liter Throttle body Vacuum Problem

Ok so I screwed up! I installed a throttle body spacer and a cold air intake today.
Unfortunately when I put everything back together I noticed that on the bottom of the throttle body there was a vacuum intake that was missing the hose. I can't find where that is supposed to be hooked up anywhere. This intake is actually on the the throttle body not on the manifold.
I looked at my buddies 94 YJ and he doesn't even have that intake tube?
Does anyone know where I can find pictures or a good vacuum diagram.
This is pretty vague but it is kinda difficult to explain

nelsonbr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Its supposed to be capped. It does not go to anything.
Unread 01-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
nohl75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It's capped and it was a mistake to install a throttle body spacer and a cold air intake, if I were you go back to stock, it is much better. I have cold air and it sucks up water like crazy.
nohl75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
nelsonbr1
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Fantastic! Thanks for the help.
I put them both on because this jeep is going to be my daily driver during the winter. Trying to save a little gas mileage. I will try it for a while and see how it works.
Unread 01-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
nelsonbr1
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Follow up

I could not get the jeep to run correctly with the Throttle Body Spacer . It ran TERRIBLE. I checked the vacuum multiple times, just for the heck of it replaced the Throttle Position Sensor all to no avail.

So.... I took the Throttle Body Spacer off and low and behold the jeep ran like it was new again.

I do like the Cold Air Intake though, so the kit from Quadratec was not a complete waste of money. I bought both as a package.

Anyone want a slighly used Throttle Body Spacer? I will say it is a piece of junk so the price is right. Oh I don't know free sounds good. You just have to pay for the aspirin when your Jeep doesn't run. Make sure your spouse's car runs so you can get to the store.
Unread 01-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #6
nohl75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbr1 View Post
I could not get the jeep to run correctly with the Throttle Body Spacer . It ran TERRIBLE. I checked the vacuum multiple times, just for the heck of it replaced the Throttle Position Sensor all to no avail.

So.... I took the Throttle Body Spacer off and low and behold the jeep ran like it was new again.

I do like the Cold Air Intake though, so the kit from Quadratec was not a complete waste of money. I bought both as a package.

Anyone want a slighly used Throttle Body Spacer? I will say it is a piece of junk so the price is right. Oh I don't know free sounds good. You just have to pay for the aspirin when your Jeep doesn't run. Make sure your spouse's car runs so you can get to the store.
Told you so man lol. I have a cold iar too, but the only thing I like about it is the sound.
nohl75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
YelloJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have a '91 with TB spacer (PO put it on) and cold air and it runs fine. I later added the 4.0 TB. Works great.
Sorry to hear you had so much trouble. Air leak maybe where the TB spacer was?
YelloJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #8
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Doesn't make much sense that a spacer would make it run terrible to me, it's just a small spacer. Not sure why that would happen.
Unread 01-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
Krochus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Doesn't make much sense that a spacer would make it run any better to me, it's just a small spacer.
I fixed it.

Quote:
I put them both on because this jeep is going to be my daily driver during the winter. Trying to save a little gas mileage.
You're going to have to drive A LOT to recoup $300 worth of parts with a 0.012MPG improvement.

I actually feel kinda bad for the folks who buy into the almost downright fraudulent advertising perpetrated on them by various "intake" and bolt on vendors, and you really can't blame the non car guy for not knowing especially given the absolute %*@& storm of marketing they're bombarded with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickgnx88 View Post
"Jeep Wave threads, it's a newb thing, you wouldn't understand!"
Krochus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #10
Bojeepus
1995 YJ Wrangler 

the only reason i could see it running like crap is if you didn't get a good seal on both sides of the spacer.
Bojeepus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.