95 wrangler, need advice - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-12-2010, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Jared325

95 wrangler, need advice

Damn I wrote this out once and it did not post for some reason:

I'm about to buy a 95 YJ with a carburated 350 small block and turbo 350 transmission. Apparently the engine was rebuilt 6 years ago. 4 wheel drive works, however I'm not sure if he kept the transfer case or changed that also. The body is in excellent condition for a 95. Small rust spots on LF fender and rear door. No rust on interior at all. The price is the best part, $1500.

My first upgrade I am planning on would be the axles. It still has the stock jeep axles in it. I have an 88 Blazer K-5 with a good drive line, brand new American Racing wheels, and 33x12.5 inch tires. I was wondering if it is possible to change out the entire axle housing from blazer to jeep. If not what are some good fairly cheap axles to swap out in there. I am a mechanic and I do have access to a shop, so I can do most of the work. Any suggestions or advice are welcome!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-12-2010, 09:47 PM
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I think anything is possible. What is the width on the K-5 axles, full? I like it, I say if it is doable, then use those axles from the k-5.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-12-2010, 10:05 PM
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Or dana 30 front ford 8.8 rear

MIKE

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.